For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Auc.Art Ltd.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Auc.Art may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by submitting profile and account details on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Platform, subsequent information submitted to us through the Platform, posting information and material on the Platform or requesting further information from us. Auc.Art may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Platform.
- Personal details such as name, email address, photos, location data or any other information input by you when using the Platform, communication with other Members through the Platform, submitted Bids, paying the Price or otherwise making use of any functionality of the Platform.
- If you contact us, Auc.Art may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Auc.Art may ask you to complete surveys that Auc.Art use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Platform including, but not limited to login information, browser type and version, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Auc.Art take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our Platform. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Auc.Art will do our best to protect your personal data, Auc.Art cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to the Platform, any transmission is at your own risk. Once Auc.Art have received your information, Auc.Art will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Platform. If you have any questions about how Auc.Art use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Auc.Art use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which Auc.Art feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you.
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise the Platform, our business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalise or otherwise customise your experience, and for advertising and marketing.
- to carry out our obligations arising from the User Agreement.
- as part of our efforts to keep our Platform safe and secure.
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that Auc.Art may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Platform.
- to notify you about changes to our Platform.
By using the Platform, you consent to us either directly or through third party companies and individuals Auc.Art engage to provide services to use, review, scan, analyse, and store your communications with other users of the Platform, whether done manually or through automated means.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Auc.Art may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
Your Bids are made public on the Platform.
Auc.Art may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- service providers for the performance of the terms and conditions Auc.Art enter into with you, or any subsequent agreement Auc.Art enter into with such service provider.
- to an Artist or Buyer, as part of any cancellations and returns process initiated in respect of a Property.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Platform.
- third party companies or individuals to assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request.
- in the event that Auc.Art sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Auc.Art may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Auc.Art or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if Auc.Art are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms or other agreements.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Auc.Art Ltd, the Platform, our users and any third party Auc.Art interact with to provide the Platform.
Read more about the individual cookies Auc.Art use and how to recognise them in our cookies policy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Auc.Art will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if Auc.Art intend to use your data for such purposes or if Auc.Art intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes Auc.Art use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
If you reside within the EEA, the Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information Auc.Art hold about you.